Fax# (530) 626-5455
Phone# (530) 626-6290
Latest ArticlesPosted in August 2013 by Technical Staff
As discussed in our AxCrypt Installation Guide, a requirement of HIPAA federal law is that all sensitive information must be protected when transmitting electronically. In this guide we will cover the process involved in encrypting a file with AxCrypt to maintain HIPAA compliance; which, should be used anytime any sensitive information is transmitted over the internet. While there are no specific recommendations made in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), AxCrypt should specifically satisfy the following requirements:
- Access Control –Encryption/Decryption is used to control who has access to the data.
- Integrity/Authentication –The very nature of encryption requires the file to be decrypted first before it can be modified, this ensures its Integrity...
Posted in August 2013 by Technical Staff
As a requirement of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), all sensitive information must be protected when transmitting electronically. One form of protection for data being transmitted over the internet is encryption. While there are many different products and software packages available for encrypting data in compliance with HIPAA, one option is AxCrypt. AxCrypt is a free application which has been available for almost a decade and exceeds many commonly accepted encryption standards.
In this tutorial we will cover the installation of the AxCrypt Encryption/Decryption software...[Read More]
- MNRP Maximum Non-Network...
Published in Aug. 2015
- AxCrypt Installation Guide
Published in Aug. 2013
- AxCrypt Encryption Guide
Published in Aug. 2013
- "First Choice Medical Billing has been such a great company to work with. Dana and Rachel take a personal approach in handling each and every claim that they bill out."
- Dana has been a blessing to me with billing all my insurance patients. She stays current with the changes of insurance, and gives good sound advice on how to navigate through these changes. Her ethics are of high caliber and I appreciate her readiness to work with my small practice and get me paid. I recommend her to any and all of my colleagues.